Would you like to teach First Aid and CPR? We can train you to become a first aid and CPR Instructor
January 14, 15 2023 and the next weekend January 21, 22, 2023
The course is two weekends long. Some of that course may be online through zoom TBD. Course is held in Milton ON. Please register and pay on this site. Later you will be directed to make a student and instructor profile on the Perri-Med website. Register Now
The course will be held over 4 days. Some of that course may be held through zoom TBD depending on government restrictions. At the end of the course, you will have the skills and certification to be able to do the practical teaching to test to be a full Perri-Med CPR and First Aid instructor.
To familiarize participants with course content and instructional techniques to provide effective First Aid training as approved by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board of Ontario.
- To bring the Standard First Aid candidate to the Instructor level. Candidates must be proficient in all first aid skills prior to the instructor course. You can take a First aid and CPR Class with us first.
- Ensure participants have an in-depth knowledge base of first aid and instructional techniques through course presentations.
- Group focus on:
- Perri-Med course materials
- Emergency First Aid & Standard First A. course outlines
- Instructional & evaluation techniques
- Required course content
- Individual presentations including theoretical and pratical presentations to the class.
To successfully complete the Perri-Med First Aid Instructor course, the participant will:
- Demonstrate effective skills and knowledge for Standard & Emergency First Aid and all levels of CPR.
- Demonstrate effective teaching strategies and positive evaluation of learners.
- Score 80% or more on the CPR and First Aid Instructor written examinations.
- Must possess a valid Standard First Aid and Level C CPR certificate from any recognized training agency.
- Must possess a keen desire to teach others and have a positive attitude.
- Any other related teaching experiences or assisting to teach with a current First Aid or CPR Instructor is desirable.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older by the completion date of the instructor course.
After successful completion of the Instructor course, the Instructor candidate must be monitored by an experienced Instructor within 6 months of completing the instructor course to complete certification. Once the certification process is complete, the Instructor will be certified for one year. Each Instructor is required to teach at least 2 courses per year to maintain their certification and renew annually.
The investement is $550 for the instructor course. Upon sucessful completion of the Perri-Med Instructor course you will need to be monitored by a Perri-Med Instructor Trainer withing 6 months. Monitor rates vary depending on who monitors you.
January14, 15 2023 and the next weekend January 21, 22 2023